Heuristic Research & Competitive Analysis
We apply our own experience and knowledge acquired in years of A/B testing and best practices to assess your website in terms of usability. Heuristic research helps us identify possible reasons why users are or aren’t converting.
Competitive analysis is just as important. Understand where you stand compared to similar companies and what your competitors are doing differently. Learn how to leverage this information and gain a competitive edge.
What is Heuristic Research?
- Heuristic research is a process used to evaluate the usability of a website based on certain criteria.
- Even though it’s a subjective research method, heuristic research is conducted by specialists with years of experience in A/B testing and conversion optimisation.
- Heuristic research is used to identify areas of interest that need further examination. It helps us identify potential elements that are preventing users from converting.
- Heuristic research lays the foundation for quantitative research (web analytics) and qualitative research (user research).
We conduct heuristic research based on five key-factors
First of all, we need to learn more about your traffic sources. Do you bring users to your website via email, SERP or paid ads? It's important to know this because the content on your traffic mediums shold match the information on your website. Deliver on the promises made in the ad/email and meet user expectations.
We'll evaluate if the offer is communicated in a clear & concise manner. Users need to be able to understand your offer and how to buy it. Clarity trumps persuasion, so before anything else people should be able to understand what you're selling and how they can acquire it.
At the end of the day the perceived value of your product is what makes users buy it or not. We'll assess if your copy is clearly communicating the value of your product, highlighting the benefits that are relevant to users. The less known your brand is, the stronger your value proposition should be.
We'll identify elements that are causing anxiety, doubts and fear in users' minds, preventing them from converting. To improve user experience, we'll remove these elements from your website and find the best approach that would motivate users to convert.
Distraction is caused by elements that are taking the user's focus away from the main action and redirecting them to something less important. We'll check to see if your most important pages are cluttered with such elements and we'll reduce distractions to a minimum.
Know your competitors and get one step ahead!
Unless you are already a market leader, you’re most probably going up against countless other companies doing the same things as you do, constantly fighting to win over the biggest market segments.
In this context, competitive analysis becomes crucial. It’s important to get to know your competitors, identify their strengths and weaknesses and leverage that information to get you one step ahead.
We analyze your competitors' websites and learn more about their marketing approach
- How strong is the value proposition?
- What are the unique benefits of their product/service?
- Is the offer clear and convincing enough?
- Is the copy clear and CTA oriented?
- Is the website optimized for conversions?
- What are they doing differently in terms of messaging and pricing?
- Are the landing pages designed to be aesthetically pleasing?
- What types of visuals are they using on their landing pages?
- What are their shipping and returns policies?
- Is the checkout optimized or does it contain friction and distracting elements?
- Are the customers pleased with their shopping experience? Or did they expect something else?
Customer reviews will reveal how satisfied consumers are with their purchase.
Our Favourite Tools
We had a great collaboration and communication with Ontrack. Very quick follow up on their end! The team was very self sufficient and with a hands-on approach.
Ontrack Digital has done an amazing job on our CRO. They’ve ran multiple tests and improved our conversion rates. Communication is easy and their reporting is SUPER detailed! This service is a “MUST” if you’re looking to squeeze as much revenue out of your visitors as possible.
We contracted Ontrack for a one-off audit on our web visitor journey. When the team went over the audit and identified areas of improvement, we immediately felt that we spoke the same language, and the Ontrack team had the deeper knowledge and experience that we missed. We’re now almost a year later and still hooked. Andra and her team have been consistently helping us identify, test and implement changes that have had a direct impact on our conversion rates.
Great work! Will definitely keep working on conversion rate projects in the future. Wonderful results achieved.
Andra and the team have been such a delight to work with. Not only have they been able to improve website performance for several of our clients , communication, execution and visibility on all projects has been extremely thorough. At every stage of the process, our team and clients have felt ultimately supported and provided with detailed reports, action items and updates. If you’re after a badass CRO team who ACTUALLY know what they are doing and do it well – hire these guys.
Very professional, with a great attitude toward the client and it was a pleasure dealing with.
We received a total audit of our site. After implementing everything we definitely saw a step jump in conversion. Truly insightful professionals.