Conversion Rate Optimization
We create and implement full-service conversion rate optimization programs for ecommerce. We will help you identify the biggest drop-off points in your conversion funnel, run A/B tests and improve the website experience for all your visitors.
Steps in the CRO Program
We follow our own methodology when it comes to the CRO program. The first step is to do a comprehensive CRO audit. This will give us a complete understanding of your website’s current situation and the steps we need to take to improve performance and get you closer to your goals.
- GA Account Healthcheck – we’ll start off by going through your GA account to check if all metrics are being tracked properly in Analytics. GA configuration is critical for accurate data collecting and reporting.
- Web Analytics – to better understand the way users behave on your website, we will dive into some of the most important reports in Analytics and learn more about your target audience. These reports are: demographics, user behaviour, device segmentation, browser & OS, traffic sources breakdown, speed analysis, top landing pages.
- Defining & Building Your Funnel – we will track user journey by going through all the major steps a visitor must take in order to reach the ‘thank you’ page. Then we will calculate the drop-off rate and find out what pages on your website need optimization.
- Site Polls – one of the most straightforward ways of finding out why users aren’t converting. We’ll launch site polls on the pages with high drop-off rate and get immediate and direct feedback from visitors.
- Customer Surveys – we’ll create the surveys from scratch: write the questions and design the layout. We count on you to send these surveys to recent customers. Fresh and relevant information generated by customers’ personal experiences with your product/service will help us gain insights on their motivation, anxieties and pain points.
- Heatmaps & session recordings – heatmaps highlight high areas of interest on your page, as well as cold spots. It will help us understand what users find interesting and useful to them and what information they choose to ignore. Session recordings are trully insightful, as they show us exactly how users navigate your page.
- Heuristic Research – we will evaluate your website based on 5 key-factors: relevancy, clarity, value, friction and distraction. We’ll be applying our own experience and understanding to define some of the reasons users are or aren’t converting.
- Relevancy – the information you communicate through paid ads or email marketing needs to match the message and visuals from your landing pages. Discrepancies in relevance might have serious impact on your conversion rates.
- Clarity – we’ll evaluate if the offer is communicated in a clear & concise manner so that users can easily understand it.
- Value – we’ll evaluate if the perceived value of your product is made clear: let users know what you have to offer and how that offer benefits them.
- Friction – we’ll identify the elements that are causing anxiety and doubts in your user’s mind and that is preventing them from taking action.
- Distraction – any element that is distracting users from taking the main action and redirecting them to something less important needs to be removed.
- Coming up with Testing Hypotheses – based on the learnings and insights we’ve gathered so far from conducting quantitative, qualitative and heuristic research, we will phrase our testing hypotheses for the pages that need optimization.
- Creating Mockups for the Hypotheses – upon listing the testing ideas we will also create mockups for each hypothesis. Mockups help our clients visualize the changes we will be making during our A/B testing program. They are also useful to designers and developers who will be working together on implementing the experiments.
- Prioritizing the A/B Tests – we will assess each experiment based on the potential to bring improvements, the impact on the target audience and the ease of implementation. We’ll score them from 1-10 and establish the order in which they will run.
- Implementing & Running the A/B Tests – now it’s time to start implementing the experiments. This is where the designers and developers come in. We’ll be working closely with them to ensure a high-standard implementation of our tests. Once they are ready, we’ll launch, monitor the progress and analyze the results of our experiments.
Ontrack Digital has done an amazing job on our CRO. They’ve ran multiple tests and improved our conversion rates. Communication is easy and their reporting is SUPER detailed! This service is a “MUST” if you’re looking to squeeze as much revenue out of your visitors as possible.
We contracted Ontrack for a one-off audit on our web visitor journey. When the team went over the audit and identified areas of improvement, we immediately felt that we spoke the same language, and the Ontrack team had the deeper knowledge and experience that we missed. We’re now almost a year later and still hooked. Andra and her team have been consistently helping us identify, test and implement changes that have had a direct impact on our conversion rates.
Great work! Will definitely keep working on conversion rate projects in the future. Wonderful results achieved.
Andra and the team have been such a delight to work with. Not only have they been able to improve website performance for several of our clients , communication, execution and visibility on all projects has been extremely thorough. At every stage of the process, our team and clients have felt ultimately supported and provided with detailed reports, action items and updates. If you’re after a badass CRO team who ACTUALLY know what they are doing and do it well – hire these guys.
Very professional, with a great attitude toward the client and it was a pleasure dealing with.
We received a total audit of our site. After implementing everything we definitely saw a step jump in conversion. Truly insightful professionals.